As loyal readers know, the World Health Organisation (WHO) recently added processed meats to its list of ‘known’ carcinogens.
Here, courtesy of the Spectator, here is list of a few of the other things which have been claimed to be linked to cancer in the past fortnight:
- Make-up in Halloween outfits (blamed by a laser surgery centre in New York)
- Chocolate (blamed by a colorectal surgeon at St George’s Hospital, Tooting)
- Deodorants (tabloid article — no source given)
- Hormone-replacement therapy (tabloid article — no source given)
- ‘Roundup’ herbicide (named in US lawsuit)
- Sand used in fracking, which is to say, sand (Friends of the Earth)
- Nail polish (tabloid article — no source given)
- Shampoo (US gynaecologist)
In other words, if we look hard enough everything we eat, drink and come into contact with can increase the chances of some people developing cancer.
However, is not the reality that we are simply living much longer than we were designed to?
Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.
Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.
Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.
www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"
Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts
Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries