Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Farking Disgraceful!



My thanks to a loyal reader who pointed me to this disgraceful story about how some servicemen, preparing to attend a fallen comrade's funeral, were treated when tying to buy a cup of coffee.

As per my chums from ARRSE:
"Browns Bar in Coventry refused to serve a group of Soldiers a cup of Coffee before they buried their fallen comrade Cpl Michael Thacker.

Local and regional news has been contacted to help raise awareness of the event. The soldiers were refused service because they were in Uniform whilst taking a break from rehearsing the funeral service. The soldiers were simply wanting a morning coffee.


Cpl Thacker's Wife said of the incident

'' ... I have to say when I found out this news i was horrified. Especially seeing as one of the men in uniform was his grieving brother! The lack of respect you have shown my husband, me and the lads yesterday will never be forgotten by the people in Coventry''.

The page on
facebook has had almost 13,000 members in the past 4 hours. Please join even if you're not from Coventry. I spent 4 years in the city when at Uni there and this Bar has always been known for turning people away for feable reasons; but this is really low."
It is disgraceful how some people in this coutnry treat those who are in our armed forces (and those who have left the armed forces)!

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:51 PM

    Just goes to show that nothing changes :-(

    http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_tommy.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonk.1:20 PM

    This is indeed a disgrace.

    I support the troops but, I have not supported their recent missions. Nor do I support the state that wheels out our armed services at things such as sporting events etc, just to remind us that the state is tough and we little people should remember our place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord of Atlantis12:25 PM

    When I heard about this, I was utterly appalled by such disgusting and disgraceful behaviour. I do not drink, personally, but if I did, I would never do so there again, and hope that others who do drink boycott the place. Strange, how an apology was only issued AFTER this became public knowledge. Like you, Tonk, I strongly disagree with recent military action taken by our illustrious leaders. BUT, and I cannot emphasise this too strongly, I have nothing but respect for our brave troops, and ANYONE who treats them in this manner should in my humble opinion, instantly be compelled to serve a full term in Afghanistan with immediate effect, and spend the whole of that time on the front line. If they survived that, then, perhaps, they might, just might, show our forces the respect they not only deserve, but have earnt.

    ReplyDelete