On the one hand she advocates strong measures, such as shooting unarmed Brazilians, then on the other hand her friends confuse matters by advocating a softly softly approach.
Hazel "I'm In Charge" Blears added to the confusion, by speaking about Nanny's policy of stop and search.
Speaking to BBC Radio 4's "Today" programme, Blears said that she did not endorse the use of racial profiling and said that stop-and-search powers should not be used in a "discriminatory fashion".
"Picking up people on the basis that they are Muslim is never going to get the result you want."
Now that is all very well, if the bombers were multi faith. However, as far as can be seen, the current threat comes from those Muslims who reject the concept of democracy.
Is it not therefore more logical for the police, given the fact that their resources are overstretched, to focus their efforts on that area that is perceived to be the highest threat?
However, Blears is not all softly softly; she is also quoted as saying:
"When we get biometric identity cards we will actually know the person standing in front of us is the person they say they are.
That technology will help us immeasurably in having a much bigger grip on people coming in and going out".
Which is of course utter nonsense, as the bombers were home grown and would have had id cards anyway.
Given Nanny's rather unhelpful and confusing messages, I have reproduced a helpful guide for those of you looking to minimise your risk when travelling around the UK.
The USA's Department of Homeland Security issued a handout in January 2004, to border authorities, which identifies certain key "suicide bomber indicators".
- The potential bombers may have a shaved head or short haircut. A short haircut, or recently shaved beard or moustache, may be evident by differences in skin complexion on the head or face
- They may smell of herbal or flower water (most likely flower water), as they may have sprayed perfume on themselves, their clothing, and weapons to prepare for paradise
- They may have been seen praying fervently, giving the appearance of whispering to someone
- Suicide bombers have raised their hands in the air, just before the explosion, to prevent the destruction of their fingerprints
- They have also placed identity cards in their shoes, because they want to be praised and recognised as martyrs