Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Dangers of Bunnies

BunnyAs we wind down from a particularly sunny and warm Easter weekend, I am gemused to read that Nanny managed to put the kibosh on some Easter fun that a group of teenagers were planning to have this weekend.

Five of them were planning to visit Edinburgh Zoo dressed as four Easter bunnies and one spring chicken.

Can you guess what happened next children?

Yes, that's right, the zoo officials told them to take off their costumes.

For why?

Lest the animals in the zoo be "psychologically damaged"!

I can't but help wonder, given the appalling treatment meted out to animals over the centuries by humans dressed as humans, whether it is in fact less stressful for animals to see us in disguise.

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Celebrate the joy of living with booze. Click and drink!

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

5 comments:

  1. First laugh out loud moment of the day, thank you.

    "...animals in the zoo be "psychologically damaged"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suspect the jobsworth, likely in hi-viz, did this because he/she could; they like to throw their weight around. Another example of people super-imposing human emotions onto animals.

    I am not now a great fan of zoos although, as a child, I did visit London Zoo many times and enjoyed it.....I prefer the "safari park" type zoos far more than seeing animals in small plain cages.



    Just laugh at Hi-Viz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lord of Atlantis11:35 AM

    What a load of tosh Nanny comes out with! My thoughts are that the real reason they were forced to remove their costumes stems from the fact that some jobsworth who had had a sense of human bypass couldn't stand to see people enjoying themselves. It was not as if they weredoing any harm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Archroy12:11 PM

    I just thought I'd let you know that my word verification is "bless".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous1:52 AM

    For your information dear sir, I happen to be a bunny rabbit and I do live in a zoo myself. It is a rather decent life, with state paid meals and good benefits with always a nice warm hole to jump into at night. However if I was to see several youngsters show up dressed in bunny costumes towering several feet high over my head, my psychological damage would be most genuine and the taxpayer would have to pick up the tab for remedial therapy, of which I could easily require for the rest of my life. Please do remember that us bunnies are a protected class living on state support and have our rights too.

    ReplyDelete