Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Friday, November 05, 2010

The Dangers of Cones

ConesWay back in 2004 (yes, this site really has been around for 6 years!) I wrote the following missive to Nanny about "warning cones":

"Dear Nanny,

I would like you to address the following issue, relating to those warning cones and signs that are liberally erected whenever some water is spilt onto a floor.

They are bloody dangerous!

I almost tripped over one in Sainsbury's on Saturday, whilst buying my Christmas pudding.

Please can you ensure that, in future, there are warning signs erected; warning us about the slippery floor warning signs.

Thank you.

Ken
"

I regret to inform you that Nanny has yet to heed my missive.

I was exiting the changing rooms of my health club yesterday, only to nearly fall "arse over tit" over a cone that was warning me of the dangers of slipping on a wet floor.

Why put the cone so close to the door that people fall over it?

I know that the floor is wet, it's a health club with lots of water from eg showers, sauna and the swimming pool!

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Celebrate the joy of living with booze. Click and drink!

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Toys, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

6 comments:

  1. microdave1:09 PM

    "Why put the cone so close to the door that people fall over it?"

    It served its purpose - you didn't slip on the wet floor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lord of Atlantis3:27 PM

    It strikes me, Ken, that one is in greater danger of serious injury by tripping over from the (badly placed) signs warning of a supposed hazard, whatever it may be, than from the hazard itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Disgusted, Tunbridge Wells7:47 PM

    But Ken,

    The hazard warning obviously warns that an extra slippery sort of water has been spilled on the floor.

    Give 'em the credit for a timely warning (he says with tongue firmly placed in cheek)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonk.8:25 PM

    I have found that so long as I walk about with my eyes open, I can detect both cones and slippery wet floors in fact, I can spot most hazzards;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uncle John5:01 AM

    Local garages seem to have'compromised' - with a notice on the shop door 'warning' that the floor may be wet during wet weather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uncle John5:07 AM

    BTW - reverting to previous threads on falling conkers, fallen acorns, &c -

    Telegraph - "India is preparing for Barack Obama's first visit to the country by removing coconuts from palm trees in Mumbai to protect the US president."

    http://tinyurl.com/34g2mqc

    ReplyDelete