Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Roast Beef of Olde England



Today I will be roasting a 5.5 kilo (11lbs) rib of beef (on the bone and hung for at least 28 days), accompanied by my special Yorkshire pudding (made under the meat so it doesn't rise, but sucks in all the fat and juices of the meat).

I am having it large!

The recipe for the above can be found in my ebook "Accountants Can Cook" (it's free to download).

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

8 comments:

  1. FFS Ken - you have a post title with the words "Olde England" and then talk about bloody Kilos!!!

    Where are your loyalties? And think of the global warming all that roasting will cause...



    Only joking! Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heheh:)

      11lbs to you Microdave:)

      Delete
    2. An accountant who can't do basic maths!
      5.5 kg x 2.2 = 12.1 lbs

      I won't be asking you do do my tax return. Or were those figures printed on the shop label, and nobody bothered to check?

      Ho Hum.....

      Delete
    3. LOL..I don't fanny about with 1lb=450g..I work on 1lb=500g...that way I allow for some loss of weight during cooking.

      Delete
  2. Tonk.4:50 PM

    Sounds great Ken.......I make my own Yorkshire Puddings using dripping in the tins. I use flour, eggs and milk but, I like the idea of putting it under the joint......I may try that next week!

    Have it large.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:56 AM

    you've said nothing about the pudding!!

    alas, this would go really well with spotted dick and custard, or jam roly poly with custard, or steamed fruit pudding and custard

    nice Medoc or Cotes de Blaye followed by Sauternes

    excellent enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have a sweet tooth, but was tossing with the idea of spotted dick or bread and butter pud.

      In the end we settled for fruits and ice cream, washed down with Sauternes:)

      Delete
    2. Errm... can you say "tossing"???

      * Note to self, treat Ken's "custard" with suspicion :)

      Delete