Violent Offender Orders (VOO's) are designed to stop criminality and violence, before the criminal has even thought of committing the crime. All the police have to do is identify someone with a dodgy background, or extremist views, then the court slaps a VOO on them; hey presto problem solved!
Ho hum, all a bit of a fantasy really in my view.
However, if Nanny really is serious about identifying people who have yet to commit a violent crime but are nonetheless at risk of doing so; may I suggest that she directs her gimlet eye to the people identified in yesterday's Channel 4 Dispatches documentary "Undercover in The Mosque"
(Note Channel 4 have some sort of gizmo that you can download to enable you to watch their stuff, so in theory you can watch it on line)
The documentary identified a veritable hotbed of extremism and unpleasantness being pumped into people's minds in some mosques in Britain, by certain highly unpleasant individuals.
In brief, if you are:
-A moderate Muslim
-A Muslim who helps non Muslims
-A believer in democracy etc etc
Then tough luck, these guys think that you will go to hell and have every intention of speeding you on your way.
"'An army of Muslims will arise' announces one preacher.
Another preacher said British Muslims must 'dismantle' British democracy
- they must 'live like a state within a state'
until they are 'strong enough to take over.'"
I would say that these characters are well deserving of a VOO or two. The trouble is that I doubt very much that Nanny will be handing out many VOO's to them.
Why is that then Ken? I hear you ejaculate...please stop this constant ejaculation at the keyboard, semen is such a persistent stain and clogs up the keys.
I digress...the reasons that Nanny won't impose VOO's on these people are two fold:
- Labour politicians are desperate to ingratiate themselves into the Muslim community. They need their votes, and can't be bothered to differentiate between mainstream Muslims and extremists (in fact they don't even take time to understand the difference). A such, any hint of a VOO which might upset their voters won't be popular with Labour.
- The extremists are followers of Wahabism, an extreme version of Islam practiced by Saudi Arabia. Much of the finance and support for the extremist preachers is in fact coming from Saudi Arabia. BTW, you may recall that the perpetrators of 9/11 had Saudi connections.
Saudi is our ally in the forthcoming attack on Iran, and as such we trust them implicitly.
Bliary Poppins in fact recently blocked an investigation into bribery charges relating to Saudi Arabia and BAE, on the grounds of "national security".
Why was this?
1 There is a multi billion pound defence contract with Saudi Arabia in the offing.
2 Bliary Poppins recently spoke of an "alliance of moderation" to take on Iran as part of battle against extremism.
Guess who forms part of this alliance of moderation?
Yes, that's right, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan (a country riddled with extremist madrass's exporting extremist preachers to Britain, also not a democracy).
Why do we need an "alliance of moderation"?
Ah, simple, because we are going to attack Iran this year.
Don't believe me?
- The US is deploying another strike group in the Gulf
- Israel is practicing (and of course has denied this) attacking nuclear facilities with low yield nuclear weapons
- The US detained six Iranians inside Iraq last week. The Iraqis claim that they are diplomats, the US says they are not
- The US has appointed an experienced admiral to be head of Central Command (this you see will be mainly a sea borne air assault, rather thand a land assault)
Taking the above into account, there is no way on earth that VOO's will be used on the extremists identified in the documentary (as they are supported and financed by our "allies of moderation").
Haras Rafiq of the Sufi Muslim Council summed it up well:
"We are losing our children to extremists".
Note and understand very clearly, that mainstream Islam is a religion of tolerance and understanding. The rise of the extremists, if not checked, poses as much of a threat to the average Muslim living in Britain as it does to the non Muslims living here.
Something in this country really stinks.