Saturday, April 05, 2008
So Shaken As We Are, So Wan With Care II
Following on from yesterday's soju fallout, I am back to my normal perky self:)
I followed the tried and tested formula of drinking gallons of water, as I have always done after such issues.
Now imagine my shock and dismay to read that Nanny (or some Nanny type "expert") claims that drinking water is not as health giving as previously thought.
How many times has Nanny trumpeted a product as being healthy, only to come back later and say it isn't?
- Smoking used to be considered good for the lungs, children were taught how to draw it in deep.
- Carrots, were once great for the eyes; now, apparently, not.
- Cocaine was sold over the counter at Harrods, in "Welcome" packs; Sherlock Holmes did his best thinking whilst unbder its influence.
- Eggs were once good, then they became bad, now they are good again.
- Milk, once good is now bad for you.
- Ditto cheese.
- Fish and chips an excellent source of protein, is now lumped in with all "evil" fast food.
- A glass of wine a day used to be alright, but Nanny now says pregnant women shouldn't drink.
It would seem that Nanny makes "medical" pronouncements on the basis of some very dodgy "evidence" and bends and twist in the wind of media opinion, changing her mind at the drop of a hat.
Is it any wonder that people don't listen to her?