Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Prats of The Week - Councils
Tis time methinks to award another of my prestigious, and internationally renowned, "Prats of The Week" Awards.
This week it goes to our "beloved" and "respected" local councils in general.
Well my old muckers it seems that, despite the recession and the new age of austerity, councils across the land cannot resist spending bucket loads of our hard earned cash on worthless shite.
A Freedom of Information request has brought to light oodles of daft expenditures (is that English?) eg:
- Hillingdon paid RADA £2,700 to give a Cabinet Member "executive coaching" sessions
- Lewisham spent £300 on a "using social media" day for one person
- Kensington and Chelsea and Brent spent money (at "no cost" to the taxpayer) on in-house Blackberry courses for councillors
- Ealing sent someone to Chichester for a "Fruit and Vegetables in Public Gardens" conference
- Kingston-upon-Thames spent money on an internally-run "key fob training seminar"
- Richmond sent someone to Cardiff for a training course on sex licensing establishments etc
I dare say that were we and the councils earning bucketloads of cash (and a portion of that bucketload was put away for a rainy day) then spending money on such courses etc may be beneficial (or at least harmless) in a growing economy. However, we are in a recession and during the times of plenty Broon and his chums in the councils never put anything away for today's rainy day.
Therefore I would conclude that councils simply do not get it wrt the financial state that we are in.
Councils are the enemies of the people, and well deserving Pats of The Week!
Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.
Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.
Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.
www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"
Celebrate the joy of living with booze. Click and drink!
Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts
Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries