Following on from yesterday's article about Nanny banning a two year old from wearing an England T shirt, it seems that Nanny has gone into overdrive this summer in regard of her hatred of St George and his flag.
Throughout the land, Nanny's trolls have been working hard to eliminate the flag of St George.
Why is that?
Many reasons have been cited:
- Nanny's dislike of the English
- Nanny's dislike of patriotism
- Nanny's fear of extremist Muslims, eg Anjem Choudary, a former leader of the Islamic extremist group Al-Muhajiroun, has claimed:
"The cross does represent Christianity and for Muslims it also represents a crusader history of occupation and murder."
- Cable company NTL have ordered their van drivers and subcontractors to remove their flags in case they offend Muslims.
"We work in many multicultural areas and in different countries within Britain so we want to maintain a professional image and a sense of impartiality."
We live and work in Britain, therefore we are perfectly entitled to wave our own country's flag.
- Bosses at Heathrow's Terminal 5 have banned construction workers from flying the flag, health and safety issues there!
- Taxi drivers in Blackpool are banned from flag flying and from wearing England T shirts, lest they upset foreign visitors.
- Taxi drivers in Cheltenham are banned from flag flying, seemingly the council believe that they will fall off and cause an accident. The police want to ban all motorists from flag flying, lest they frighten the horses (yes that really is what they said!).
- Fireman in Barking cannot fly the flag at their station, even though the local Mosque has said it is fine with them.