Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Sleepwalking To Dictatorship


I am pleased to see that I am not the only person in this country who worries that we are sleepwalking to dictatorship.

Deputy chief constable of Hampshire, Ian Readhead, recently told the BBC's "Politics Show" that Britain could become a surveillance society with cameras on every street corner.

Mr Redhead said that CCTV was being used in small towns and villages where crime rates were low.

He also expressed concerns about the retention of some DNA evidence and the use of speed cameras.

Quote:

"I'm really concerned about what happens

to the product of these cameras,

and what comes next?

If it's in our villages,

are we really moving towards an Orwellian

situation where cameras are at every street corner?

And I really don't think that's

the kind of country that I want to live in
."

He has hit the nail on the head. Nanny often says that if you are doing nothing wrong, then you have nothing to fear. However, she fails to address the issue as to what happens with the surveillance footage of innocent law abiding people?

The more you are watched, the more you will modify your actions. You only have to see the effect of that pile of shite "Big Brother", on the retards that enter the Big Brother house, to know that people change their behaviour when being watched.

CCTV intrudes into our lives and affects us negatively.

There are up to 4.2 million CCTV cameras in Britain - about one for every 14 people.

The UK also has the world's biggest DNA database, with 3.6 million DNA samples on file.

Scary isn't it?

Why do we need to be so closely monitored?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Yes this is VERY serious stuff. I've tried several times to post comments on big UK newspaper stories mentioning the 1689 Bill of Rights. Strangely, my comments mentioning the BoR ALWAYS get censored out. It's as if the powers that be don't want the general public to know about the BoR. For example, look at speeding and parking fines. Under the BoR they are supposed to give you the option to face your accusors in court and be judged by a jury of peers. However, to bypass this "inconvenience", the authorities rename the fines as "penalties". IMO simply changing the word doesn't change the meaning - the Magna Carta was written in Latin for God's sake!

    Anyhoo, here's a great link showing a checklist of things to watch out for if you suspect your country is becoming a fascist state;

    http://prorev.com/fascisthints.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Benjamin Franklin once said "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security".

    All these erosions of our freedoms have been brought about by war criminals in the UK & American Governments using the fictitious "war on terror" which itself stemmed from the criminal falsehood of 911.

    Blair is currently on tour being worshipped in African countries, but in my opinion he should be arrested and taken to the Hague on charges of 'war crimes' and 'crimes against humanity' and be tried along with his pal Bush. Then all the rights and freedoms which these criminals have stripped from us over these past five years should be brought immediately back.

    Illegal invasions of two countries, the erosions of our civil rights and liberties, and the killing of thousands of innocent people around the world are Blair's legacy, never let it be forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:11 PM

    Yesterday, when I first read this, I sat and wrote a response which suggested that perhaps it was about time we all stopped just whinging about this sort of crap and got up of our collective arses and actually DID something about it. It was couched in much more robust language than I have used here.

    Now, here is the bit that really pisses me off, I chickened out. I'm not paranoid and I really don't believe that I am being singled-out for attention by the powers that be, but some still, small voice inside me advised me to be more sensible. As a result, I deleted my original comment. I have spent the last twenty-four hours telling myself what a cowardly bastard I really am, but - even now - I can't bring myself to repeat my original words.
    I think that - as well as saying something about me - this says an awful lot about the current government.

    ReplyDelete