Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Useless

Useless
Congratulations to Gordon Brown's beloved HMRC, who have proven themselves yet again to be totally useless.

The other week they sent my Dad a tax form to complete, nothing wrong with that you might say.

Errmmmm...one small fly in their oinkment though.

Dad died in January of this year, and we informed HMRC in writing about it within a fortnight of his death.

This week my Mum received a letter from the good old boys at the HMRC commiserating with her on her loss, and asking for some details re my late father.

Well done lads, it took a mere 14 weeks for the HMRC to acknowledge and process one letter.

Useless!

No wonder the tax system is falling apart.

Thanks Gordon, this shambles is very much down to you; a fitting legacy.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds about right. When my grandmother died a few years ago it was six months before they got the message and ceased to send tax demands. I had to write nine letters and lost count of the phone calls.

    Furthermore the local council decided that her house which was the subject of probate had been divided into a three storey block of flats (difficult given that it only had two floors) and sent council tax demands to flats 50a, 50b and 50c. Having been informed this was not the case they then decided that no council tax had been paid for past two years on flats 1a, 1b and 1c No. 50....

    During this time the TV licensing people sent no less than 15 letters saying that their inspectors were due to call as their records showed there was no TV licence for the property. Funny that. There was no TV either.

    Idiots the lot of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:56 PM

    Kaptain_von seems to have been especially unlucky to have all three incompetencies concurrently.

    Somehow the first two mentioned missed me when in a similar situation.

    However the wonderful people representing TV Licencing (and guess who they are everyone ...) managed to send a stream of letters, sometimes two or three a month, threatening me with inspectors.

    When I was at the house I I kept a kettle warm just in case they turned up suddenly. I also filed all the letters thinking to turn them into a artwork or something but they seemed to go missing at some point. However it sounds like the concept would not ave been unique enough to make it a money spinner as art.

    I wonder what Tracy Emin would have done with them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:25 PM

    grant,
    Tracey Emin would have wiped her arse on them and then sold 'em for a million quid (or 'a peerage' as this amount of money is commonly known).
    I once had a TV licencing guy stand on my door step threatening me with all sorts of stuff when I told him I didn't have TV licence. After about half an hour, I asked if I needed one although I didn't have a TV. I think he was tempted to say 'Yes'. Instead, he threatened to come back with his heavies and a warrant to prove I was lying. He looked soooo pissed off when I laughed at him. Never did come back though.

    ReplyDelete