Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

The Roast Beef of Olde England II

The Roast Beef of Olde England IIYou may recall that last October I wrote of my horror at discovering that Simpson's had started to serve its beef sans fat.

I wrote to Simpson's at the time, pointing them to my article, in the hope that they would take remedial action.

This Friday I revisited Simpson's, with an old chum from my days in KPMG, and am happy to report that the fat is back! I would also note that, as it should be, it was a nice dark yellow (not pale white); thus indicating that the meat had been hung for at least 3 weeks.

Remember folks, like oil in a car engine, the blood needs fat in it to help it circulate!

Well done Simpson's. My chum and I had an excellent meal and evening.

I was going to write about this yesterday. However, owing to the heroic quantities of booze consumed (lager, gin, vodka, wine, 3 Irish coffees and 3 Cointreaus) I couldn't.

1 comment:

  1. Many years ago my father took me to Simpsons(I take it we are talking about Simpsons In The Strand?).
    The meal was delicious.
    "By the way, if you drop a sprout on the floor-don't pick it up."
    I still remember his advice.
    My old man was a bit of a class victim.

    ReplyDelete