My thanks to Dixon of Dock Green who alerted me to this article on the Liberal Democrat site.
I publish below unedited.
Now is this doesn't tell you that Nanny has been lying through her teeth to us, over her plans for the DNA database, what will?
We still have two more years of this bunch of fascists in office (whoever ends up being PM), it never ceases to amaze me how the Labour Party (which claims to be "for the people") always ends up acting like fascists.
Things are going to get worse!
Article from Lib Dems (who are in many cases almost as bad as Nu Labour)
The Home office has been allowing private companies access to the DNA database for commercial reasons, according to research by the Liberal Democrats.
The information, revealed in response to Freedom of Information requests, shows how:
- Up to May of this year, the Home Office approved 25 applications for research projects using DNA profiles from the DNA database
- 5 are from private companies - Three from LGC and two from Orchid Cellmark
- In some of the research projects, full details are not disclosed because of FOI s43. This allows companies to not give details because it would harm their commercial interests.
- No one whose DNA is being used in these projects has given their consent.
- Innocent people are on the database, and their DNA will have been included in the research.
- The police, many of whose officers have added themselves to the DNA database voluntarily, rejected a request for their DNA samples to be used in a research project.
"For nearly a decade, the Home Office has been secretly approving controversial research projects using profiles from the DNA database.
No consent was ever sought from the people involved, many of whom have never been charged or convicted of any offence.
It is outrageous that people's DNA has on five occasions been passed to private companies to pursue their own commercial interests.
The 25 projects that have been approved by ministers include some sinister explorations into ethnic profiling.
It is appalling that these Big Brother practices have been allowed to go on unchecked for so long and with extremely limited ethical standards.
Unless the Government comes clean about exactly what they are using profiles for, this highly dubious ethical practice of dishing DNA out for research must be suspended immediately."
Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.
Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.
Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.
www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"
Celebrate the joy of living with champagne. Click and drink!
Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Toys, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries