Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Nanny Bans Manners

Nanny Bans MannersThe Times recently noted that one of their correspondents endured a "Nanny moment" on the underworld railway.

Upon entering the train at Westminster a number of adults were standing.

For why?

The seats, including those marked for the elderly and disabled, were all occupied by children (aged between 8 and 10).

To make matters worse, the children were accompanied by their teacher who should have told them to give up their seats.

Now, when I was a lad, I was told to give up my seat to adults.

Ah, but how wrong I am.

You see, this is Nanny Britain, health and safety is the new doctrine (designed to crunch individuality and freedom). Seemingly the teacher was operating under the mantra of health and safety that dictates children must be seated, even if there are elderly people standing.

What a nice lesson to give to the children!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:33 AM

    England used to be such a nice place to live, good manners, sense of fair play etc etc.....How times change.

    In Nanny's world you only need to know one thing; Kid's can do no wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, Tonks, you are so right. Don't forget that if they actually do wrong then it is not their own fault, it's that of their parents, school, area they live in, poverty or any other manner of "excuse", rather than their own personal accountability.

    Now what did I do with my "behaviour contract" I signed at school??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:44 PM

    Very true. This is also prevalent elsewhere in the world as well. I am in Japan a lot, and when travelling on the trains often see children sitting in seats when there are old people standing nearby. Once, when giving up my seat to an old lady,I was horrified to see a mother swiftly install her bratty young son where my lardy ass had just been!

    When I was a lad............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:10 PM

    As a (though I say it myself) distinguished-looking elderly gentleman, here in Turkey, when going through doors, getting on to a local bus or Metro, taking my turn in a queue at the Bank or just about anywhere else, kids up to around 18 will almost fight among themselves to give me precedence.
    Living in such a backward, Third-World country does make it difficult to contemplate going 'home' to the UK.

    ReplyDelete