Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Friday, January 26, 2007

Personal News

Dear Friends

Just to let you know that my Dad died peacefully at home during the night.

He was 83, and had been diagnosed with terminal cancer. The prognosis had been that, as it worsened, he would have had to go to a hospice etc.

Quite clearly, for him and Mum, it is far better that he died at home peacefully and not in pain or connected to a machine.

The media often likes to report on the inadequacies, and alleged failures, of our overburdened NHS.

I would like to say, for the record, that the people who we (my parents and I) have worked with over the past few months have been first class; the doctors, nurses, health care workers etc have been professional, caring and competent.

I would like to say thank you to them for all that they have done.

Ken

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:20 AM

    Ken,

    I'm sorry for your loss.

    Regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:53 AM

    Ken,

    Please accept my condolences.

    Pete

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:46 PM

    Sorry for your loss Ken.

    Sincerly Tal from Australia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:20 PM

    Dear Mr. Frost;

    Please accept my condolences on the loss of your father.

    Kind Regards,

    George

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous3:35 PM

    Sincere condolences Ken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Sorry to hear that feller...
    You have my deepest regards,
    He's gone to a better place.

    Take care mate.

    Steve, North London

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your loss, please accept my condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:52 PM

    I 'm sure he left a son of whom he was proud, which is one better than many manage

    Heartfelt condolences to you and yours

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous7:55 PM

    Please accept my condolences,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:44 PM

    My deepest condolences Ken

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:26 AM

    Sincere condolences on your loss, Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous10:38 AM

    My condolences Ken.

    As you say it is a better end than might otherwise be the case as my experience with my Mum informed me a few short years ago.

    Back then the NHS was amazingly good at getting around some of the rules, for her benefit, in somethings and less good in other ways when dealing with one or two mainly ancillary staff.

    The Hospice route might have been acceptable but gaining access locally was extremely difficult.

    It sounds like your Dad had the best result available under the distressing circumstances and that is something from which to take some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry, Ken. Having leukaemia and chronic chest infections myself, I empathise with your family's experience. I can only echo your praise for the NHS. My consultants at two London hospitals are unfailingly supportive, and I go to the local Marie Curie Hospice every week where the staff are wonderfully kind and the cheerfulness of the other patients an inspiration. So it's not all gloom and doom.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so sorry, Ken. Having leukaemia and chronic chest infections, I can empathise with what your family has gone through. I too have found my NHS consultants extremely supportive, and the local Marie Curie Hospice, which I visit weekly, is a friendly and cheerful place. So it's not all gloom and doom!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous12:03 AM

    So sorry to hear of your loss Ken. Sincere condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous2:02 PM

    Sincere condolences, Ken, on your sad loss.

    ReplyDelete