Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Thank You

Dear Friends

Firstly thank you for the many messages of sympathy and support that you have posted on this site, and sent me privately.

Please be assured that Mum and I are alright.

Mum and Dad were brought up in an era where (contrary to what the state and Oprah would have you believe) you got on with your lives, and didn't need to have an emotional breakdown on TV.

My parents brought me up to hold the same principles.

FYI we are in fact, at Dad's insistence, still going to hold Mum and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary dinner on the 11th of February.

I would also note that, contrary to what the media would have you believe, the local "social support network" (as provided by the neighbours of my parents) has been exceptional.

The neighbours in Mum's road have all rallied round, and have been highly supportive. Society, at least in my Mum's road, has not been fragmented or destroyed by Nanny.

Nanny will also be displeased to learn that I met up with a good chum on Friday night in my club (the East India), where we had an excellent meal and a "few" drinks.

In fact we consumed an heroic quantity of booze, finishing off with a bottle of port in the small hours.

I "awoke" on Saturday feeling that I had consumed an "elegant sufficiency".

Exactly how Dad would have wanted it.

Ken

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:50 PM

    Commiserations Ken, and best of wishes to you and your mum; I hope feb 11th is full of happy memories for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:42 PM

    Ken,

    While extending my sincere condolences, I'm pleased that you have decided to have a good few drinks to celebrate your Dad's life as I'm sure he would have wished.

    Keep your spirits up and have one for me!

    John

    ReplyDelete