Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Monday, April 14, 2014

BMI Is Bollox


I was gemused to see recently that our local pharmacy has installed a combined weighing/BMI calculating machine that charges the hapless punter 50p a pop.

This is all very well if BMI (Body Mass Index) actually meant anything. However, as we all know, it is a meaningless and useless measure.

Step forward Anita Albrecht, who finished sixth in Miss Galaxy Universe 2012, who was recently told by an NHS nurse at the Harold Hill Health Centre to lose weight and exercise more. She was told to consume a paltry 1,000 calories a day!

For why?

Ms Albrecht's BMI was 29, this is classified as "overweight".

Ms Albrecht quite rightly, was less than impressed and told the Mirror:
"She insulted me by making assumptions about my lifestyle without asking me.

She said you are obviously eating too much.

She put me on scales and clearly I'm a lot heavier than other women of my height because I'm a bodybuilder."
To add insult to injury she was told to cut out alcohol and fruit juices that she doesn't drink.
"All of these were assumptions made and, quite frankly, they angered me," she added.

I felt insulted, was made to feel as though I was overweight, over eating and I felt a knock in my confidence."
Surely one ounce of commonsense could have told the nurse that Ms Albrecht was of a greater muscle density than the average person?

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

No comments:

Post a Comment