Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Friday, July 27, 2007

Mea Culpa

Mea CulpaLadies and Gentlemen,

I have a confession to make...

Whilst trying to safeguard the rest of the UK from the encroachment of Nanny, I have neglected my own doorstep so to speak.

I wear many hats in life, one of them is director of our apartment block management company.

Imagine my surprise yesterday when on entering our lift, I allowed my eyes to wander around the walls; and realised that, over the past month, the number of notices in the lift telling you not to smoke had increased from one to four!

For farks sake!

How absurd is that?

How the hell did that happen on my watch?

Needless to say, I will be rectifying this ASAP.

Sorry about that lamentable lack of attention, it won't happen again.

Ken

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:27 PM

    Ah!

    I have been wasting my time. Should have spotted the potential for a sign-making business - some sort of franchise probably best - before the ban came in.

    Darn it. Wonder if it is too late?

    Ken, any spare wall space in your lift? Does it have a sign on the outside? Surely there must have to be a sign on the outside. I should be operational next week so let me know how many signs I could fit to the lift and who should receive the invoice. The usual commissions will apply.


    Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 AM

    What? Is there some kind of smoking ban or something? ;)

    The trouble is, the lift does have a maximum carrying capacity. You'll probably end up with a lift so full of signs that it can't take any people.

    ReplyDelete