Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Nanny Resorts To Theft

Theft
The London Borough of Richmond has resorted to a novel and "amusing" method to drum home the message about locking up your valuables safely.

Police have been instructed by Nanny to remove valuables from unlocked cars, in order to teach the owners about safety.

Police are removing items including purses and satellite navigation devices from cars with unlocked doors or open windows, and replacing them with notes informing the owners that the police are holding their property.

In principle the idea has merit. However, unless I have massively misunderstood the law, open window or not, isn't this breaking and entering?

Isn't it a "tad unwise" to encourage the police to break the law in this manner?

Isn't this why we police need to have search warrants?

Isn't the next "logical" step by Nanny to encourage the police to enter our homes without a warrant, on the pretext of seeing an open window?

I am not entirely happy with this practice.

Update

I stand corrected!

As per BBC:

Police in Liverpool have tried to "break into" 3,500 homes to check people are locking up at night.

Officers are testing front and back doors in burglary hotspots in Everton and Woolton and waking residents if the doors are unlocked.

So far they have successfully opened 66 doors and spotted 14 open windows.

In Liverpool North, which includes Everton, there were 316 burglaries in just one month, nearly half the figure for the whole of Merseyside.

Police have said that people who have been woken up after leaving their door open have, on the whole, given a positive response.

One said: "It gave me a terrible shock, but it is such a good idea.

"It has made me much more aware of making sure I lock the door.

"My son had been out and he'd left the door unlocked."

Police community support officers will then visit the property the following day and issue crime prevention advice.

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Celebrate the joy of living with booze. Click and drink!

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Toys, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

12 comments:

  1. Sadly Ken, as I Emailed you the other week, PCSOs have already been climbing into properties via open doors and windows to teach the householder a lesson.

    Surely, if it is my property in my car, I can do as I will with it.....It is nothing to do with PC Plod.....If I want to leave it on full display to Charlie Criminal, thats my business.
    I wonder if plod are charging a handling fee for this "service."

    Sadly I would suggest there is no chance of prosecuting Plod for this as there is no intention to permanently deprive the owner of their property, plus of course, the decision to prosecute or not rests with the CPS and I doubt they would prosecute their own, so to speak.

    If I had left my car somewhere and Plod had removed my property, which meant I had to go somewhere to get it back; Complete with lecture from Plod about my "silly behaviour," I would be very annoyed about it.

    This is another example of Nanny deciding how people should live their lives, why can't she just mind her own business and let us live our lives how we choose to, in peace?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speenzman10:52 AM

    Well the solution's simple, find an open window in your local police station, climb in, remove property and leave a note saying where they can collect it. I'm sure they won't prosecute you, I mean if it's alright for them to do it to you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. deathtofalsemetal12:15 PM

    "Isn't the next "logical" step by Nanny to encourage the police to enter our homes without a warrant, on the pretext of seeing an open window?"

    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/8222004.stm

    They are way ahead of you

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think its a brilliant idea!!

    I keep an accessible weapon in every room on the off chance that I one day get a violent intruder.

    I would love to beat a PCSO to death with a baseball bat in the semi darkness of my living room.

    Oh please..bring it on. From now on, I live for that moment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord of Atlantis2:14 PM

    Tonk said.....'Sadly I would suggest there is no chance of prosecuting Plod for this as there is no intention to permanently deprive the owner of their property, plus of course, the decision to prosecute or not rests with the CPS and I doubt they would prosecute their own, so to speak.'

    Of course they wouldn't, Tonk, you are only a taxpayer, whom they regard as there to do THEIR bidding, not the other way round, as it used to be. The only chance you might have, and I fear even this is open to question, is if they did some damage to your property in the process. Of course, in that case, you would almost certainly have to bring a private prosecution, with no legal aid, and there is every likelihood that the CPS would block it on the grounds that 'it is not in the public interest'.

    Speenzman said...
    'Well the solution's simple, find an open window in your local police station, climb in, remove property and leave a note saying where they can collect it. I'm sure they won't prosecute you, I mean if it's alright for them to do it to you...'

    Who are you kidding? They would throw the book at you!

    Bucko said...
    'I keep an accessible weapon in every room on the off chance that I one day get a violent intruder.
    I would love to beat a PCSO to death with a baseball bat in the semi darkness of my living room.
    Oh please..bring it on. From now on, I live for that moment.

    Unfortunately, if you did that they would have you for manslaughter or, if they could get away with it, even murder. Remember, the authorities in this country not only actively discourage one from defending oneself and one's property against intruders, but go out of their way to prosecute anyone who does so. Meanwhile, the perpetrators of crime either get off scott free or else only get a slapped wrist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Speenzman3:25 PM

    "Who are you kidding? They would throw the book at you!"

    That was rather the point!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Speenzman5:00 PM

    "It gave me a terrible shock, but it is such a good idea. It has made me much more aware of making sure I lock the door."

    I sometimes wonder how we came to 'evolve' into a nanny state, then I look at this and I see the answer, that's what most people want. Would you like nanny to tuck you into bed too? Maybe us on here are the only ones left..?

    ReplyDelete
  8. skydog6:37 PM

    ''In Liverpool North, which includes Everton, there were 316 burglaries in just one month, nearly half the figure for the whole of Merseyside.''

    Only 316 in one month? Either the scouse cnuts are all in Benidorm on holiday spending their giros or more likely ... locked up at HM's pleasure for a 6 monther. Where they all ought to be. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:31 AM

    In time the professional burglars wiill be able to use this behaviour to justify checking out likely places under the guise of 'police interest' one way or another.
    As well it rather assumes that all police are honest.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1:00 AM

    This is so fucking brainless. Any thief with half a bit of nonce can now work out that in order to do a spot of breaking and entering he just needs to don a high vis jacket and joe public will assume he's a copper and turn an even blinder eye than they would otherwise have done!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. General Sherman9:05 AM

    The old bill might as well just thieve it from your car they are only tax collectors and social engineering enforcers for the nanny state nowdays anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous11:14 AM

    Hi Speenzman, can you contact me please at smellofmints@yahoo.co.uk

    Do you have a photobucket account with BFI images in it? Would be great to talk to you.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete