Nanny Knows Best

Nanny Knows Best
Dedicated to exposing, and resisting, the all pervasive nanny state that is corroding the way of life and the freedom of the people of Britain.

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Sport Is "Too Competitive"



I see that a survey, carried out by the Institute of Sport at Loughborough University for the Women's Sport and Fitness Foundation (WSFF), highlighted that 45% of the girls questioned said that sport at school was "too competitive" and that 48% said being sweaty was "not feminine".

This is rather ironic, given that way back in the "bad old days" girls were not encouraged/allowed to play football, rugby etc.

I wonder if anyone has told Roedean that girls don't want to sweat or compete?

Now, in theory, what Nanny should do under these circumstances (in order to encourage more girls to participate in physical exercise) is to try to ensure that schools offer a greater variety of activities that will benefit and appeal to both males and females.

However, because Nanny is skint, Nanny will opt for the easiest worst case option; namely removing the sweat and competitiveness from the current sports available, in order to create a "one size fits all" sports curriculum.

Guaranteed to fail!

Personally speaking I loathed PE and sports of most kinds, and did my best to avoid them. Yet, here I am fit, healthy and not obese!

Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item.

Visit The Joy of Lard and indulge your lard fantasies.

Show your contempt for Nanny by buying a T shirt or thong from Nanny's Store.

www.nannyknowsbest.com is brought to you by www.kenfrost.com "The Living Brand"

Visit Oh So Swedish Swedish arts and handicrafts

Why not really indulge yourself, by doing all the things that Nanny really hates? Click on the relevant link to indulge yourselves; Food, Bonking, Gifts and Flowers, Groceries

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:31 AM

    Remind me again in what country the summer Olympics are being held and what the ‘lasting legacy’ that the billions of pounds paid for this wankfest was to provide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, the Olympics...I had quite forgotten about that!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never liked enjoyed PE at school that much; too many sadistic PE teachers that really wanted to be RSMs.
    I did however enjoy many sports including Aikido and Rugby. Unfortunately, rugby union was still strictly amateur back then but, had I been born forty years later, I could have had a good, well payed career as a pro-rugby player.

    There is a kind of attitude amongst kids today that prefers computer games, rather than outdoor activities. As a youngster, my main ambition in life was to get outdoors and into the fresh air today, my own grandchildren prefer to stay indoors.....Sad really.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmm....I don't know where that liked came from in the first line....Wierd!....Perhaps I'm turning into a teen like, know what I mean...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lord f Atlantis12:15 PM

    "However, because Nanny is skint, Nanny will opt for the easiest worst case option; namely removing the sweat and competitiveness from the current sports available, in order to create a "one size fits all" sports curriculum. Guarranteed to fail!""

    Despite all the taxes and fines she levies on us.
    Of course it will fail! If you remove the competitive element, what incentive will there be for children to put any effort in? With the concern about obesity in the young, and not so young, this is a totally barmy approach!

    "Personally speaking I loathed PE and sports of most kinds, and did my best to avoid them. Yet, here I am fit, healthy and not obese!"

    Same here, Ken, but I still think children need encouragement (NOT bullying) to compete. If you remove competitiveness and shield children from things they don't like, you are doing them a great disservice, and not preparing them for the real adult world.

    Visit The Orifice of Government Commerce and buy a collector's item

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lord of Atlantis12:23 PM

    Also, if you girls are not allowed to compete in 'sweaty' sports, not only will the feminists up in arms, but the Equality Commission, or whatever they call themselves, will also be on one's case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My school, which I left in 2005, had Kit Check days on the first PE lesson of term, and during that lesson we were able to choose what sport we wanted to do that term from a seasonal list. I was lucky in that my school maintained a decent swimming pool, and swimming for PE was always very popular. I also remember enjoying rounder and aerobics - the latter had good music to bop too.

    I chose all these activities from Year 9 onwards I believe. And I never saw our changing room showers in use except for a few occasions, and the showers in the swimming pool changing rooms were used in our swimsuits to get the chlorine off...wetwipes and deoderants were used instead.

    Maybe my school was just a little more savvy?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:30 PM

    All this talk of sport and activity is making me tired - I need a drink ......

    ReplyDelete